The TVET First Series For TVET Colleges
A new curriculum covering levels NQF 2, 3 and 4 of the National Certificate (Vocational) or NCV was introduced into TVET Colleges from 2007 onwards. Providing learners with a thorough knowledge of one of 14 vocational fields such as engineering, management, office practice, IT, hospitality or tourism, the NCV aims to help South Africa overcome its critical lack of workplace skills.
Macmillan, one of the country's largest educational publishers (also see www.macmillan.co.za), and Troupant, a publisher active in publishing for technical, later FET and now TVET colleges for the past 25 years, combined forces to launch the TVET First Series to meet the need for good textbooks in the field. The series has been hugely successful and has become THE market leader in this field. Feedback from users suggests that the books are so popular in the first place for the thoroughness with which they cover the curriculum in each subject.
Other reasons for its popularity come from students themselves:
• "The books look funky, they come in a large format, and they are better designed and more lavishly illustrated than any of the other books on the market."
• "They are crammed with interesting facts that make the material come alive, and they are easy to read."
• "The assessment activities are stimulating and there are lots of them. They help us digest the material and show what we have learnt."
Lecturers have also been complimentary:
• "The TVET First series covers a wide range of subjects at all three levels."
• "The service we get from the publisher is exceptional, and we can depend on them to get the books to us in time."
• "The printed Lecturer's Guides contain guidance for lecturers as well as comprehensive answers, making our lives much easier."
We have a large team of people eager to help colleges choose the right books. Look them up under Contact Us. If you have complaints or want to make suggestions regarding our books, email us at email@example.com .These books cover the various syllabi applicable to the National Certificate (Vocational) courses.
*The prices below are valid from 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018, and are subject to change without notice.